2020 Faculty Position Opening
Graduate Institute of Musicology, NTU
Announcement of Faculty Opening
The Graduate Institute of Musicology at National Taiwan University announces a faculty position of open rank to begin on 1 February 2021 or 1 August 2021, open to candidates working in any areas of musical scholarship. Applications from those who can add to the diversity of research specializations covered by the institute’s current faculty are especially encouraged.
We are seeking an energetic colleague who demonstrates outstanding research achievement or potential, is a devoted teacher, is committed to an inclusive vision of musicology and thus to fostering dialogues with fellow scholars across disciplinary and geographical boundaries, and regards social engagement as a significant facet of academic research.
Ability in Chinese is preferred but not required for this position.
Expected starting date: 1 February 2021 or 1 August 2021.
Responsibilities: teaching of graduate and undergraduate courses (in English and/or Chinese), thesis advising, and administrative service.
Application items to be submitted in electronic or scanned form:
- cover letter
- curriculum vitae
- two articles or one monograph, representative of your best scholarship (these must have been published not earlier than February 2016; an unpublished doctoral dissertation completed not earlier than February 2016 may count as a monograph)
- further supplementary publications (at least one and no more than three; these must have been published not earlier than February 2014)
- one to two sample syllabi of prospective courses to be offered at National Taiwan University
- names and contact information of three referees
- completed application form (downloadable from the website of the Graduate Institute of Musicology: http://www.gim.ntu.edu.tw/2020-faculty-position-opening/ )
- PhD diploma (or evidence of the expected completion date of the doctoral degree)
- official transcript of doctoral studies (if an official transcript cannot be supplied, please provide an explanation by your institution of its unavailability)
- evidence of current and previous work experience, if any
- Academic Teaching Rank Accreditation Certificate of the Taiwan Ministry of Education (applies only to candidates who have received this document)
Application deadline: 31 August 2020 (indicated by date of sent e-mail; all applications will receive acknowledgments of receipt)
Search Committee Chair: Fumitaka Yamauchi, director, Graduate Institute of Musicology
E-mail addresses to which to submit application materials: please submit application materials in a single e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com; include as the subject header of the e-mail “Application for Faculty Opening, Graduate Institute of Musicology” and your name.
Inquiries: Sophie Tseng, tel.+886-2-3366-4699, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute website: http://www.gim.ntu.edu.tw